Covid Vaccine Registration for 18 years old link & Self-registration Cowin @ cowin.gov.in-: There has been a huge surge in the positive number of cases in India. The pandemic has badly affected the livelihood of each and every individual across the globe. Particularly talking about India, the number of positive cases is rapidly increasing day by day. To counteract the impact of the Coronavirus, Government is deeply focussing on the covid vaccination. The applicants having the age of 18 years and above can now register on the Cowin portal to get vaccinated.
Latest Update-: The on site registration for the Covid vaccination has been approved by the authorities. Applicants who wants to avail the vaccine can visit the vaccination centre and can register to avail the vaccination.
The vaccinations for the age group of 45 years and above were started on 1st April 2021. The applicants above 45 years didn’t have to register in the Cowin portal. However, to book online slots applicants of any age group can avail themselves by visiting the Cowin portal. Registration for the Covid vaccine for the age group of 18 years & above was started on 1st May 2021. Currently, the vaccination has been started in 10 states that are Uttarkhand, Maharashtra, Delhi, Gujarat, Chattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Rajasthan, Odisha, Uttar Pradesh, and Karnataka. The remaining states shall be starting the vaccination very soon. The updates for the Covid prevention vaccination can be availed from this post.
Covid Vaccine Registration Portal @ cowin.gov.in
Applicants who are of 18 years and above are eligible for the vaccination. The vaccination registration can be easily done from the registration portal i.e. cowin.gov.in. At most the registration was initially started on 28th April 2021 just before the vaccination. The facility of registration before the vaccination is provided by the Government so that all the guidelines for Covid are followed. Applicants can not only register themselves for the vaccination but also they can book the slot as per their convinience. The complete steps to avail the booking for the covid vaccine self regsitration is provided in the article.
There will be two doses for the vaccination for each category i.e. 18 to 45 years and 45 years and above. The second dose will be given after a month from the date of the first dose. The appropriate timings and details of the vaccination will be provided by the Doctor. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) over the vaccination across the nation. The authority has organized the vaccination at various Government and private hospitals in each district.
Cowin Registration – Complete Overview
The keypoints for the cowin portal registration are provided in the table below.
|Authority||Government of India|
|Concerned Ministry||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW)|
|Age Group||18 years to 45 years|
|Cowin Registration mode||Online|
|Start of Vaccination||1st May 2021|
|Registration status||Available (Active since 28th April 2021)|
|Slot Booking||Cuurently available to selected states|
|Online Registration through||Aarogya Setu, Umang App, and Cowin registration Portal|
|Aarogya Setu Application download link||Click Here (For Android phone)|
Click Here (For Apple Ios)
|Umang Application Download link||Click Here (For Android phone)|
Click Here (For Apple Ios)
|Cowin Registration Website||Click Here|
List of Important documents required
It is essential to have an Photo id and mobile number to register for the vaccination through the Cowin web portal. Applicants can refer to the complete list below of the documents available under the photo id. Applicant must note that the photo id should be carried to the respective vaccination centre. The authority will verify the details through the photo id and thus you will be eligible to avail of the Covid vaccine.
|Aadhaar Card||Pension Document||Passport|
|PAN Card||Voter ID||Driving License|
|Bank passbook||MNREGA Job card||Health Insurance Smart Card|
How to register for 18+ Vaccination online through Cowin web portal?
Applicants can simply register for the vaccination through following the steps given below. All you need to have is a working connection and the registration can be done through Mobile/laptop.
- Firstly, tap on the official web portal of Cowin @ cowin.gov.in
- On the homepage of the Cowin registration page, click on Register/Sign In yourself.
- Now, enter your mobile number to get the OTP.
- Enter the OTP and tap on verify and proceed link.
- Please note that the OTP will be valid for 3 minutes, after the time limit is over applicant has to enter their mobile number again.
- Read the instruction which appear on the screen and tap on Register member.
- Now, select the photo id from the drop down and enter your photo id number and Name on the registration form.
- Select your Gender and enter the date of birth.
- Tap on register button after filling the details.
- Then the applicant dashboard will appear on the screen.
- Applicants can add member through tapping on the Add member link and the apply the same the registration process.
- Tap on the schedule button to book the vaccination.
- Thus, the regsitration for the vaccination is successful.
- Applicant can check the availability on daily basis and apply for the slot booking.
The applicants can also regsiter through Aarogy setu and Umag application. The registration process is similiar for the vaccination as mentioned above.
How to check nearest vaccination center and slots availability?
The vaccination will be available very soon to all the states. Applicants can check the status of the nearest vaccination center and slots availability through the steps given below.
- Visit the official web portal of the Cowin @ cowin.gov.in
- After this, the homepage of the official portal will flash on the screen.
- Now, scroll down the page, and you search the centre and slot booking through PIN number or District wise.
- Enter the PIN Number received at the time of registration or search by district.
- Under the search by district Select your State and District from the drop down.
- Tap on the search button and the availability of vaccine will appear on the screen.
- Select the age group and tap on the link to book the slot.
- The applicant will receive a confirmation message on their phone about the successful booking along with the reporting time to the concerned vaccination centre.
How to get Covid vaccination certificate?
After you have successfully availed of the vaccination, the individual then needs to download the certificate that will verify that you have taken the vaccine. The vaccination certificates can be availed through the Digi-locker application through mobile. The steps to avail of the covid vaccination are-:
- Download the Digi locker application on your mobile and click on the application after downloading it.
- Complete the registration by filling in important information i.e. Name, Mail id, Mobile number, etc.
- Now browse to the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare under the Centre Government tab.
- Under this tap on the link naming as Vaccine Certificate.
- Applicants will then have to provide their 13 digit reference id through which they can easily avail the covid vaccination certificate.
- Download the mobile application through the links provided below.
How to download Covid Vaccination Certificate from Cowin Website?
If you dont have the digi locker application then you may also proceed to download the covid vaccination certificate through visiting the official website of COWIN. The steps to download covid vaccination certificate through official website is given below.
- Visit the COWIN Self Registration portal through your web browser.
- Sign in to the official website through OTP received on your mobile number.
- The registered mobile number is to be used for login.
- Check the details of the vaccination and hover the cursor over the certificate tab on the screen.
- Click on the certificate download link.
- Download the pdf and save the copy of the certificate on your mobile, laptop, Computer, etc.
How to download Corona Vaccine Certificate From Umang App
Applicants who have umag application on their mobile can avil of the vaccination certificates by reffering to some of the simple points mentioned below.
- Firstly download the Umag mobile application and complete your initial registration by providing the details asked on the mobile application registration interface.
- After the registration is completed, the applicant will then have to visit the Cowin link under the What’s News section on the mobile application.
- Now, click on the download option for the covid vaccination.
- Enter your registered mobile number and wait for the OTP.
- Input the OTP received on your mobile and thus you can download the covid vaccination certificate.
How to download Covid Vaccine Certificate From Aarogya Setu App?
During the first wave of the Corona, the Government had instructed the individuals to download the aarogya setu application. The application alerts about the number of active covid cases to the individuals in their surroundings. In spite of this, the application has various other uses. The setu application can be used to book vaccination slots and download the certificates. The steps to download covid vaccination certificates through the Aarogya Setu app are given below.
- Visit the play/app store on your mobile and download the Aarogya setu application if you have not downloaded it.
- Log in to the dashboard through the details asked in the application.
- Tap on the Cowin section present in the application dashboard.
- Now, tap on the vaccination certificate.
- Enter your Refernce Id and click on Get Certificate.
- The certificate will appear on the screen.
- Download the certificate and keep it save for further references.
No applicant can register through other photo ids. The list of documents is provided in the article.
Previously, it was mandatory to register in the COWIN app but now as per the new orders released by the authority, applicants can register themselves in the vaccination centre.
Yes, while scheduling an appointment for vaccination, the system will show vaccination centre names along with the name of the vaccine that will be administered in the case of private hospitals. Government hospitals may not show the name of the vaccine.
The vaccination are available free of cost at Government hospitals. However, the private hospital may charge from Rs 200-400 for the vaccine.
Yes, the applicant has to book the slot for 2nd dose of vaccination.